Detect Lubricant Problems Fast
Luneta's new Sight Glass has all the clarity and durability you need, with none of the leaks, cracks or squinting you may be used to with those old-style oil sight glasses. You'll never have to use fragile, dark, hard-to-read oil sight glasses again!
- One-piece, high-impact Tritan™ construction
- Outdoor Compatible: UV-resistant & withstands long-term sun exposure.
- Resistant to chemical wear and buildup
- Integrated threads mean no leaking
- The Sight Glass extends from the machine, providing a clear view of oil
- Molded-in hex nut means a quick, simple installation
- Integrated eyelet for attaching lubricant ID tags or other pertinent information speeds up visual inspection and prevents confusion
- Tritan™ construction means this oil sight glass is ultra-thin & super-clear with no distortion/discoloration
- Etched, painted cross-hairs won't fade, rub off or distort the perceived oil level
- Flat front surface allows for use of light or lasers to check for particulate – with no light deflection
Install in 5 easy steps
- Apply thread sealer to the threads before installation.
- Hand-thread the Luneta Sight Glass into the port.
- Use a crescent wrench or 1-5/16" socket wrench to tighten until the hex nut contacts the port face (or if applicable, until the O-ring is compressed).
- Check for leaks and apply more thread sealer if necessary.
- Do not overtighten.
|Recommended Temp. Range||-40°F to 200°F / -40°C to 93°C|
|Max. Operating Pressure||65 psi/4.48 bar|
|Comparison||Luneta Sight Glass||Acrylic Sight Glass|
|Impact Resistance (Joules)||>40||8.9|
|Toughness or Durability (Notched Izod, 23-deg C, J/cm)||9.8||0.2|
|Wall Thickness (Thinner = Clearer)||0.19"||0.25"|
- Automatic Lubricators
- Bearing Heaters / Induction Heaters
- Fitting Tool Kit & Bearing Fitting Tool Kit / Internal Ball Bearing Puller / Seal Puller
- Sight Glass / Oil Level Monitoring / Condition Monitoring POD
- Bearing Handling Tools Kit
- Plummer Blocks and Bearing Housings
- Manual Pullers / Bearing Pullers
- Hydraulic Pullers
- Side Alignment Tool
- Hydraulic Bench Vise / Machinist Vise
- Non Sparking Tools
- Measuring Instruments